Rosa's World

Friday, July 11, 2014

Bucket List: Visit Briggs and Little - DONE!!!

Hi There!

When we lived in Neguac and my Grandparents were still living, we had sheep. My Grandparents would send their (raw) sheeps' wool to Briggs and Little and, in the fall, my Grandmother would receive a HUGE package with skeins and skeins of yarn. It was a happy moment for her.

Today, my Mom and I visited Briggs and Little and Heather greeted us, in the shop and was sooooo nice! My Mom and I had a few nostalgic moments.  Five Stars to Briggs and Little with their "Service with a Smile" attitude and their Heather!!!

Several times, on the drive back to Saint John, I told my Mom, "Gee that Heather was nice! What a great experience!"

Anyhow, here's a picture of my Mom. She had problems with her eyes.... they'd "fill up", every now and then... as well as mine.


And, here's what I bought!


I really should explain myself.  The last time that I knitted something was probably 10 years ago and it was just "scarves".  I made a couple pairs of mittens and socks and one sweater, when I was .... hmmmm... 21(?).  That was many, many years ago.

Anyhow, I've decided to re-try my hand at this.

Will keep you all posted!

Rosa

No comments: